This journey can be a roller coaster ride of emotions and I will be brutally honest as I open my life through this blog in order to help others to better understand.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Changes

Sorry I haven't been around, been so busy and last night when I went t sit down and type our Internet service was down :(

Here is my 11 and 12 days of stims

Day 11

E2 - 1995
R. Ovary 6 follicles measuring: 13, 14.4 14.5, 15, 16.4, 18.4
L. Ovary 8 follicles measuring: 11, 12, 13, 13, 14.6, 16, 17, 18.5

Because I now had follicles that were over 16 I finally got to graduated to daily pokes and prods. No change in meds.

Day 12

E2 - 2,806
R. Ovary 6 follicles measuring: 13, 14, 15.6, 16, 17, 21
L. Ovary 8 follicles measuring: 11.4, 11.5, 13.5, 17.4, 18, 18, 18, 20

They also told me my progesterone (something they never had before) 2.50. She said that was good they like to see anything under 3. To me of course I am thinking that is awfully close to 3. I also had two follicles that were measured smaller. Now as I have said before I believe it can be human error , (they were not that much smaller) but I did find out that follicles can in fact shrink due to not being stimulated enough (another follicle is eating more basically) and they can shrink and eventually get reabsorb.  Great another thing for me to worry about!!!! Got to have something I guess.

Well I got the call (not to trigger) but to change my meds. Wow I was beginning to think I was the only one who never changed. I didn't have to take my follistim last night and I took my regular menopur last night. This morning though I took the same follistim but upped my menopur to 2 cc's. that is two vials of powder to one solution. Can I just say OUCH!!!! I definitely burned a lot more.

Well I will update later on today's results. Fingers crossed that my follies are still growing!! Might trigger tonight or tomorrow!!


UPDATE:
IT'S TRIGGER TIME
Got the call a little while ago, that I am in fact triggering tonight at 6:00 PM!!! I go in on Friday October 28, for a 6:00 AM retrieval. 

Forgot to ask what my E2 level was (too excited).
R. Ovary 7 follicles measuring: 6, 12, 15.5, 17, 17, 19, 24
L. Ovary 10 follicles measuring: 9, 11.5, 13, 17,  17, 18, 20, 20, 21

Couple of extra ones in there I am sure the 6 and 9 won't be any good but hopefully I got some good sized in there that will have some good quality eggs in them!!
 So right now watching the clock like a hawk, even though I have my alarm set and ready!! Luckily my trigger shot is subcutaneous (basically small needle just under the skin) as opposed to intramuscular (long needle into the muscle). Before I do that I have to do 300 IU of follistim.  As always it is out of my hands and if one or more of these eggs are meant to fertilize and be my future baby/ies then it will happen.

2 comments:

  1. Based on your lead follicle measurement you should be triggering tonight, woohoo! Can't wait to see your numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO, I was right! :) I think you will have plenty of good ones this time, you stimmed beautifully!

    ReplyDelete