This journey can be a roller coaster ride of emotions and I will be brutally honest as I open my life through this blog in order to help others to better understand.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I See Pregnant People

OK, so I'm  normally a happy human being, I am there for others when needed and celebrate in their successes. However, the green monster of jealously has reared her ugly head, (contrary to popular belief I am not perfect).

I have to start off my jumping back to last month for my mother's birthday. She just turned 72 and I hope I look half as good as she does when I reach that age. Anyways, she tells me that my sister's son and his girlfriend show up at her house with a card. My mom reads it and thanks them. My nephew's girlfriend then asks my nephew if she noticed and he tells her to read it again. My mom does and now notices that it says Happy Birthday Great Grandma!!! Yep that's right my nephew is going to be a dad!!! Now he is an adult, (33) but he does not have a job and still lives at home with my sister and his dad. He really has a lot of growing up to do, his voice mail says, "You have reached Satan. You know what to do. Do it." Maybe this will be a wake up call but I just don't know.

Last week I was on facebook, randomly looking at people's posts just trying to keep up with what is going on with family and friends. I noticed a lot of people were congratulating my niece, (my brother's daughter). I thought first of all it had to do with her husband since he just graduated from basic training in the air force  and maybe he got his papers to where he was being stationed. Nope their pregnant too, been married just under a year and are now expecting. I went in and told my husband that it is beginning to feel like everyone is pregnant but me and I am going to scream if I find out that one more family member is pregnant.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

Yep, yesterday I just found out that my brother's (same brother) son and wife are expecting their 5th child. I told my husband, "It is official everyone IS PREGNANT but me!!!! Next all I need to hear is that my daughter is expecting!!!" YIKES!!!!

Now I am happy for all of them and congratulated each one. But I guess I feel like an outsider looking through the window at their happiness. I keep thinking next month I should have been having my baby if I had not miscarried.

I know this is nothing more than my own personal pity party. I think we all feel that way at some point in our lives. Should I be having these ugly jealous feelings, I don't know the jury is still out....










No comments:

Post a Comment